K S Tewari is a former Head of the Department of Chemistry, Christ Church College, Kanpur. He taught organic chemistry to undergraduate and postgraduate students for more than three decades. He has been a very popular and devoted teacher due to his command on the subject. He has authored several books on chemistry.
N K Vishnoi had relocated to England under HSMP programme of the UK government after serving as Associate Professor in Chemistry at Christ Church College, Kanpur for three decades. On his return, he joined NIIT University, Neemrana, as Professor. He has been associated as content provider in chemistry with egurucool.com, Career Launcher and several other organizations. He has also authored ';Advanced Practical Organic Chemistry.
- A new chapter ';Energy in Biosystems' explores the fundamentals of biochemical reactions involved in storage as well as continuous usage of energy in biosystems.
- Structural theories like VB and MO, hybridization and orbital pictures of resonance, and hyperconjugation.
- Woodward-Fieser rules for calculating max, and Norrisch type I and II reactions of special photochemical C-C cleavage in the chapter on ';Electromagnetic Spectrum'.
- Polanyi-Hammond postulates and Curtin-Hammett principle, along with several new mechanisms, e.g., Favorskii, Baeyer-Villiger, and Birch, in Chapter 5.
- Mc Murry, Wittig, Stobbe, Darzen in Chapter 19.
- Study of antibiotics, antacids and antihistamines in the chapter on 'Chemotherapy'.
- Biodegradable and conducting plastics in the chapter on 'Synthetic Polymers and Plastics'.
- Benefits of ';Green Chemistry'—the latest trend for sustainable chemistry as Appendix II.
For BSc Chemistry (Pass & Honours) in accordance with CBCS