1. Basic Concepts of Turbo Machines, 2. Blade Theory, 3. Centrifugal Compressors and Fans, 4. Axial Flow Compressors and Fans, 5. Axial Flow Steam and Gas Turbines, 6. Radial Flow Gas and Steam Turbines, 7. Dimensional and Model Analysis, 8. Hydraulic Pumps, 9. Hydraulic Turbines, 10. Power Transmitting Turbo Machines, 11. Cooling of Turbine Blades, 12. Fans and Blowers • Appendix-I: Forces on Compressors and Turbine Blades • Appendix-II: Forces on Wind Turbines • Appendix-III: Axial Flow Compressor and Turbine Blade Designs • References • Index
• Two chapters on ';Cooling of turbine blades' and ';Fans and blowers'
• Sections on ';Specific work', ';Velocity triangles', ';Law of affinity', ';Dimensional analysis', and ';Losses in turbo machines'
• Separate appendices on ';Forces on compressor and turbine blades', and ';Forces on wind turbines'
• Crystal clear explanation of compressible and incompressible flow machines
• Use of analytical and graphical methods for problem-solving
• Use of SI units throughout the book
• A large number of solved examples, illustrations, objective questions and exercise problems adapted from various university question papers