Part-I: An Overview of Management: 1. Understanding the Management Process, 2. Evolution of Management Thinking, 3. Business, Society and Ethics, Part-II: Strategic Decision Making: 4. Planning, 5. Strategic Management: Planning for Long-Term Success, 6. Decision-Making Process and Creative Problem-Solving, Part-III: Organizing: 7. Organizational Structure and Design: Creating Flexible Organization, 8. Planning and Management of Human Resources, 9. Talent Management: Attracting and Retaining Human Resources, Part-IV: Leading and Controlling: 10. Motivating and Satisfying Employees, 11. Leadership: Developing Vision to Transforming Organizations, 12. Communicating in The Age of Internet, 13. Managerial Control and Techniques, Part-V: Contemporary Issues in Management: 14. Contemporary Management Thinking, 15. Strategic Change: Managing Change and Renewal, 16. Knowledge Management and Learning Organization, 17. Managing Diversity, 18. Corporate Governance • Index
• Managerial Insight: Every chapter starts with the feature Managerial Insight focusing on a real-life situations and managerial issues involved in various Indian companies.
• Managerial Insight—A Revisit: Managerial Insight: A Revisit marks the closing of the same case discussed in the Managerial Insight and is presented at the end of main text. There are a set of questions related to the key aspects of the case.
• Exhibits: There are over 50 exhibits illustrating cases of various Indian enterprises with a focus on the areas including entrepreneurial/managerial challenges, global business implications, ethical and social considerations.
• Exercises and Questions: Each chapter has various questions, which provide a fairly comprehensive coverage of the major points and topics contained in the text.
• Case Studies: Each chapter closes with an exercise in the form of a Case Study with relevant questions.