Dr H L Bhatia, former Reader in Economics, Shri Ram College of Commerce, University of Delhi, has authored several papers, research studies and books, and given evidence and memoranda to various Committees and Commissions. He has more than 60 years of experience in various fields of economics.
His other publications with Vikas® include History of Economic Thought, International Economics, and Lok Vitt.
Theory of Public Finance
1. Economic Activities and the State
2. Meaning and Scope of Public Finance
3. Principle of Maximum Advantage
4. Public Revenue—General Considerations
5. Division of Tax Burden—I
6. Division of Tax Burden—II
7. Incidence of Taxes
8. Classification and Choice of Taxes
9. Effect of Taxation
10. Public Debt
11. Public Expenditure—General Considerations
12. Effects of Public Expenditure
13. Public Budget
14. Balanced Budget and Fiscal Policy
15. Federal Finance
16. Public Undertakings
Indian Public Finance
17. Indian Federal Finance—I
18. Indian Federal Finance—II
19. Public Debt in India
20. Government of India Finances
21. The Indian Tax System
22. Railway Finances
23. Public Sector Undertakings in India
24. State Finances
25. Agricultural Taxation in India
26. Local Finance
27. Comments on Recent Central Government Budgets (2014-15 to 2018-19)
Select Readings 579-586
- Theoretical advancements including latest discussions, debates, data and information.
- The GOI Budget for 2020-21.
- State government budgets for 2019-20.
- Constitution and terms of reference of the Fifteenth Finance Commission and its Interim Report for 2020-21.
- Detailed coverage of GST and its pervasive impact on the Indian economy including the federal financial system.