Section-I: Accounting Principles and Processes:
1. Meaning and Scope of Accounting, 2. Accounting Principles, 3. Basic Accounting Terms, 4. Journalizing Transactions, 5. Ledger Posting and Trial Balance, 6. Sub-Division of Journal, 7. Bank Reconciliation Statement, 8. Capital and Revenue, 9. Final Accounts, 10. Rectification of Errors, 11. Depreciation, Provisions and Reserves, 12. Accounting Concept of Income, 13. Computers & Accounting: An Introduction, 14. Accounting in a Computerized Environment, 15. Accounting and Database System, 16. Inventory Valuation
Section-II: Company Accounts:
1. The Joint Stock Company, 2. Shares and Share Capital, 3. Debentures, 4. Company Financial Statements, 5. Contemporary Issues and Challeng
• Learning objectives for every chapter
• Key terms at the end of every chapter
• Objective type questions for testing the student's understanding
• Essay type questions for review, discussion and practice
• Over 200 practical problems with solutions and around 125 illustrations
• 32 Accounting Standards dealt in detail with latest amendments therein
• Updated provisions regarding ASs, IFRSs and Ind ASs.
• Phased implementation of Ind ASs by the concerned authorities to bring at par Indian Financial Reporting System with Global Financial Reporting System.
• "Schedule III" as per the Companies Act 2013, with all details in the chapter ';Company Financial Statements'.
• Appropriate revision and updation of the Text in view of the enactment of The Companies Act, 2013 as amended by The Companies (Amendment) Acts, 2015 and 2017.
• Introduction of Goods & Services Tax (GST) replacing several taxes imposed by different authorities.
• Notification of 40 Indian Accounting Standards (Ind ASs) by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA), Govt. of India.
• Addition of new chapter "Contemporary Issues and Challenges" in Section II of the book.
• Incorporation of the basic features of Ind AS 1: Presentation of Financial Statements in Chapter 4: Company Financial Statements (Section II) of the book.