M N Arora has a teaching experience of more than four decades in Hansraj College, University of Delhi. He studied BCom (Hons) and MCom at Shri Ram College of Commerce and was a position holder in Delhi University. He is also a Fellow Member of the Institute of Cost Accountants of India.
His experience has been mostly in teaching Cost Accounting and Management Accounting in various courses in Delhi University and other professional courses like MCom, BCom, MIB, MHROD, MBA, BBA, CA, CS, etc. He has authored popular textbooks which have been widely prescribed by UGC, ICAI, ICSI, Delhi University, Bangalore University, Royal University of Bhutan, and many other universities.
He was a Special Invitee in the meetings of the Cost Accounting Standards Board of The Institute of Cost Accountants of India for finalization of draft Cost Accounting Standards. After retirement, he is a visiting faculty in various business schools.
2. MATERIAL COST
3. LABOUR COST (Employee Cost)
4. OVERHEAD COST
5. ACTIVITY BASED COSTING
6. OUTPUT OR UNIT COSTING (Cost Sheet)
7. JOB AND BATCH COSTING
8. CONTRACT COSTING
9. PROCESS COSTING
10. JOINT PRODUCTS AND BY-PRODUCTS
11. OPERATING COSTING (Service Costing)
12. NON-INTEGRATED AND INTEGRATED ACCOUNTS
13. RECONCILIATION OF COST AND FINANCIAL ACCOUNTS
Appendix: Model Test Paper
- Reworked text for better understanding of the concepts
- Recent questions from BCom, BBA, MBA, CA, and CS examinations
- Model test papers in Appendix
- Ideal for self-study, making learning a painless exercise
- Examination-oriented approach
- Around 300 solved problems and illustrations accompanied by ';working notes'
- Theoretical-, practical- and objective-type questions selected mostly from various universities and professional examinations